Monday, September 22, 2008

Blanche Ames Reception




I attended the Blanche Ames Opening Reception this past Saturday, and was really impressed with the variety of artwork and the way the reception was organized. Here are a couple of quick snapshots of my piece on display. At the reception, I found out that 171 artists submitted 508 pieces of art, which was a record for the competition. The juror, Richard Whitten, selected 57 pieces of art which span various art styles and mediums.
One of my favorite pieces on display, which received first place during the awards ceremony, is "Hostel Alley" by Ed Stitt. I highly recommend stopping by the exhibit to see this and all of the other works sometime before it closes on October 4th. The Ames Mansion is located at Borderland State Park, 257 Massapoag Ave, North Easton, MA, and the exhibition is open Tuesdays through Sundays, from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. More information can be found here: http://www.friendsofborderland.org/

No comments: