Thursday, July 31, 2008

Blanche Ames National Art Exhibition


I am very pleased to announce that my piece "It Comes Down to This", shown above, has been juried into the 2008 Blanche Ames National Juried Art Exhibition. The exhibition will take place at the Ames Mansion at Borderland, from September 16th through October 4th. More information about the mansion and the exhibition can be found here: http://www.friendsofborderland.org.

I created this piece as part of my Hands Collection, and my goal was to convey the frustration that many artists feel when submitting a 35mm slide as a representation of a work that took countless hours to create. Of course, many juried exhibitions also allow digital entries, but the reproduction never quite measures up to the original.

1 comment:

Marsha Robinett said...

Holly,
I wanted you to know that I am passing the Arte y Pico Award along to you for writing such an inspiring blog. Pop on over to my blog and scroll down to Arte y Pico Award.

Great blog,and wonderful art, you're an inspiration to many!