Monday, June 30, 2008

My Next Hands Piece



I'm starting another Hands piece, based on some photos that I set up and shot of my own hands. I am doing this piece on another type of Rtistx panel, the 420 series, which is designed for watercolor. I am going to do an underpainting using Neocolor II watersoluble pastel crayons, and then go over the piece with colored pencil. In the first progress photo shown here, you can see my initial sketch and I have applied neocolor pastels to the entire piece, using white and light blue for the background. In the second photo, I have applied water to the piece, letting the colors blend together. I am not worrying about detail at this point, as I will be covering much of the piece with colored pencil. The bright colors will also be significantly subdued, once the pencil is added.

3 comments:

brett said...

I think this is going to be a good piece.
Brett.

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

Wow! Very neat. Thanks for showing your process. :)

hbedrosian said...

Thanks Brett and Kasie. I'll be posting an update later on today that will show how much more detailed (and subdued) the skin looks with the colored pencil layered on top.