Friday, May 16, 2008

Portrait on Rtistx Panel


I recently finished the 12”x9” portrait shown here on RTX 300 Colored Pencil Panel. This was my first time working on this surface, and I found several things that I like about it. Like Pastelbord, this acid-free panel is thick and durable, though lighter in weight. The tooth is finer than that of Pastelbord, but courser than the smooth Bristol board that I have used. I found this to be a nice compromise, as it is conducive to detail work, yet allows me to work quickly without streaking and also accepts several layers of colored pencil. Also, I was able to layer lights over darks, though to a slightly lesser degree than on Pastelbord. Overall, I am very excited about this new type of surface, and eager to try the other Rtistx products

5 comments:

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

Beautiful! I love the light. :)

hbedrosian said...

Thank you, Kasie! It helps to have such a lovely subject. :)

Teresa Mallen said...

Hi Holly, lovely portrait! The Rtistx sounds like an interesting support. I had a quick look at their website and I see the boards have numbers such as 240, 300, 280, and 420. Do you know what the numbers indicate?

A lovely young lady indeed. :-)

Marsha Robinett said...

Beautiful portrait. Wish I knew more about colored pencil. I so enjoy seeing your work, well done!

hbedrosian said...

Marsha, Teresa - thank you!

I did this piece on RTX 300 Colored Pencil Panel, but I am going to try the others too.