Monday, March 3, 2008

Giclee Prints Now Available!


Recently I discovered that I’m not the only one feeling the effects of late winter – I received some much-appreciated positive feedback on my latest work, Winter Blues, shown here. I even received a couple of inquiries about purchasing the piece, though no sale has been made. I understand that purchasing a piece of original art, like commissioning a portrait, is a big investment that takes thought and is generally not done on impulse. The value of owning an original piece is undeniable – the quality is unmatched by any reproduction, the piece has potential to greatly increase in value with time, and the owner derives satisfaction from the feeling of owning original art and being able to view it at their leisure. However, I also realize that the value of offering prints to those who are interested in my art and would like to be able to enjoy it without such an investment. True, a print will not increase in value, but if the proper techniques are used, it can bear a striking resemblance to the original. Since I want to be able to share my art with as many people as possible, I am offering high quality giclee prints of selected figurative works at a very attractive price.


A Quick Note on Giclee Prints


A giclee print is made using a highly specialized printer that employs a very fine spray of ink in a full range of colors to create an image that doesn’t have the typical “dot pattern” of less expensive inkjet printers. These printers are able to transform high resolution digital images into fine art prints that bear a remarkable resemblance in color and detail to the original. Giclee printers use specially formulated archival ink designed to resist fading for many years to come. The company I use produces giclees using Epson 9880 giclee printers with archival inks guaranteed to last up to 75 years.


How to Order Giclee Prints of My Artwork


I offer giclee prints of selected figurative works on my Fine Art America page. Here you can select a print size, as well as add on a frame and/or mat, if desired, all for a very reasonable price. One of my favorite things about this site is how you can view full-resolution previews of the piece to get an idea of the detail. For example, you can view a close-up image of a portion of my Winter Blues piece by hovering the cursor over the image and clicking on a bold square (click here to try it).


The secure checkout through FineArtAmerica.com is SSL encrypted, and payment can be made using any major credit card (American Express, Mastercard, or Visa).


I have already ordered several prints through http://www.fineartamerica.com/, and have been very pleased with their quality and the prompt delivery. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to send me an e-mail or contact me through my website!

No comments: